Chemex-Method of preparation
EQUIPMENTChemex 6 cups
Paper filter Chemex
Timer (you can use your phone app)
30 grams of coffee (fresh)
500 ml water at 92°C
Preparation time: 4:30-5:00
1. Insert the filter for Chemex (the three layers of the expanded filter must be turned to the chute in order not to break the correct form).
2. Combine the coffee of a single filter between a filter and a French press.
3. Rinse the filter with warm water to avoid paper flavor in the extract. Remove from the centre of the base to the upper edge with spiral movements. Pour the water out without removing the filter.
4. Pour the ground coffee into the filter and beat the scale.
5. Pour 80 grams of water on the coffee, making sure all the coffee is wet.
6. Run the timer.
7. The time taken for the infusion is about 30 seconds-the freshly baked coffee contains carbon dioxide that is released in these 30 seconds.
8. Add 120 grams of water by distributing evenly over the entire surface of the coffee-with circular motions from the center to the filter walls and back.
9. 01:50 min: pour more 120 grams of water-use the same pouring technique
10. 02:30 min: 120 grams of water
11. 03:20 MIN: DEPOSIT WITH THE REMAINING AMOUNT OF WATER BY COMPLETING THE ROUNDABOUT IN THE CENTER OF THE COFFEE.
12. Share with a friend.
If your coffee tastes bitter, try to make it a little bigger next time.
If the acidity of your coffee is too high, try to grind it more finely next time.
Remember that after the start of the preparation, you should not let the coffee dry! Always add new water before the old one runs out.
Avoid touching the filter walls with the stream of water.
Don't hesitate to experiment to get the perfect cup of coffee for you!