Kalita Wave Drift-Method of preparation
EQUIPMENT:Kalita Wave drift #155 or #185
Timer (you can use your phone app)
PRODUCTS:16 G COFFEE (FRESH)
250 ml water at 95°C
Preparation time: 2:30 minutes
1. Mix the coffee medium-finely (between espresso and filter)
2. Rinse the filter with warm water before adding the coffee to avoid paper flavor in the extract. Pour the water.
3. Place the rapper with the wet filter and extract the extract on the balance and pour the coffee evenly. Tarify, so you can keep track of the amount of water you add.
4. Start the timer.
5. Pour 50 grams of water on the coffee, making sure there's no instant coffee left.
6. Wait 30 seconds to release the carbon dioxide contained in the freshly baked coffee.
7. Add another 50 grams of water by distributing evenly over the entire surface of the coffee-with circular motions from the center to the filter walls.
8. 01:30 min: add another 50 grams
9. 02:00 min: pour the last 100 grams
11. Enjoy the delicious cup of coffee.
If your coffee tastes bitter, try to make it a little bigger next time.
If the acidity of your coffee is too high, try to grind it more finely next time.
Remember that after the start of the preparation, you should not let the coffee dry! Always add new water before the old one runs out.
Avoid touching the filter walls with the stream of water.
Don't hesitate to experiment to get the perfect cup of coffee for you!